Joyce DiDonato - Mezzo-soprano
Joyce DiDonato will perform with Il Pomo d’Oro in a concert performance of Handel's Agrippina on the 31st of May 2019.
Royal Albert Hall, 5-Sep-2018 / 19:30
- Overture 'Le corsaire' (8 mins)
- La mort de Cléopâtre (21 mins)
- The Trojans – Royal Hunt and Storm (10 mins)
- The Trojans – Dido’s death scene (7 mins)
- Harold in Italy (42 mins)
- Antoine Tamestit - Viola
- Joyce DiDonato - Mezzo-soprano
- Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique
- Sir John Eliot Gardiner - Conductor
She will also give a recital at the Royal Opera House on the 4th of June 2018.
Barbican Hall, 20-Feb-2018 / 19:00
Jake Heggie Dead Man Walking (Semi-staged performance, UK Premiere)
- BBC Symphony Orchestra, Mark Wigglesworth - Conductor, Leonard Foglia - Director, Terence McNally - Librettist, Joyce DiDonato as Sister Helen, Michael Mayes as Joseph De Rocher, Maria Zifchak as Ms Patrick De Rocher
Measha Bruggergosmann as Sister Rose, Lucy Schaufer as Jade Boucher, Toni Marsol as Owen Hart, Maria Hinojosa as Kitty Hart, Finchley Children's Music Group, BBC Singers
- All' mein Gedanken Op. 21
- Du meines Herzens Krönelein Op. 21
- Die Nacht Op. 10 No. 3
- Ach Lieb, ich muss nun scheiden Op. 21
- Traum durch die Dämmerung Op. 29 No. 1
- Programme included further Strauss song and Jake Heggie's Into the Fire.
- Joyce DiDonato - Mezzo-soprano
- Brentano String Quartet
The above programme was also be performed on the 18th of December.
Wigmore Hall, 24-Nov-2017 / 19:30
Masterclass given by Joyce DiDonato.
Joyce DiDonato sang the title role in Rossini's Semiramide on the 19th and the 22nd of November 2017 at the Royal Opera House.
Barbican Hall, 16-May-2017 / 19:00
Handel: Ariodante (concert performance)
- The English Concert, Harry Bicket - Conductor
- Alice Coote as Ariodante , Christiane Karg as Ginervra, Joelle Harvey as Dolinda, Sonia Prina as Polinesso, David Portillo as Lurcanio, Matthew Brook as King of Scotland
- Joyce DiDonato was unable to participate due to a medical procedure and was replaced by Alice Coote.
Barbican Hall, 22-Nov-2016 / 19:30
Arias by Purcell, Jommelli and Handel
- Joyce DiDonato, Il Pomo d'Oro with Maxim Emelyanychev conducting
Barbican Hall, 17-Apr-2015 / 19:30
- Salonen: Nyx (UK premiere)
- Valses nobles et sentimentales
- Strauss: Rosenkavalier Suite
- New York Philharmonic, Alan Gilbert - Conductor
- Joyce DiDonato
Barbican Hall, 25-Sep-2014 / 19:30
Bel canto arias by Bellini, Donizetti, Rossini, Carafa, Mercadante and Pacini.
- Orchestre de l'Opéra de Lyon, Riccardo Minasi - Conductor, Joyce DiDonato
Wigmore Hall, 8-Sep-2014 / 19:30
Recital with pianist Antonio Pappano
- Haydn: Arianna a Naxos HXXVIb:2
- Beltà crudele
- No. 8 La danza from Les soirées musicales
- Francesco Santoliquido: I canti della sera
- Ernesto de Curtis: Non ti scordar di me
- Stephen Collins Foster: Beautiful Dreamer (arr. David Krane)
- Jerome Kern: Act 2 The Siren's Song from Leave It to Jane
- Go, Little Boat from Oh, My Dear!
- Show Boat:
- Act 1 Life Upon the Wicked Stage
- Act 1 Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man
- Havelock Nelson: No. 1 Lovely Jimmie from Four Irish Songs
- Celius Dougherty: Love in the Dictionary
- Jerome Moross: Act 1 Lazy Afternoon from The Golden Apple
- William Bolcom: No. 2 Amor from 12 Cabaret Songs Volumes 1 and 2
- Villa-Lobos: Act 1 Food for Thought from Magdalena: a Musical Adventure
- Rodgers: Act 1 My Funny Valentine from Babes in Arms
- Robert Lowry: How Can I Keep From Singing? (arr. David Krane)
The above programme was also performed at the same venue on the 6th of September 2014