Elias String Quartet
The Quartet will perform Mendelssohns' String Quintet No. 2 in B flat Op. 87 with the Lawrence Power at the Wigmore Hall on the
1st of February 2020.
The Quartet performed Haydn's String Quartet in G Op. 33 No. 5
14th of October 2019 and played Beethoven's String Quartet No. 1 in F Op. 18 No. 1 and Sally Beamish'
String Quartet No. 3 Reed Stanzas on the
20th of September 2019
Wigmore Hall, 23-May-2019 / 19:30
- Mozart: String Quartet in B flat K458 'The Hunt'
- Robert Laidlow: Aroha (world première)
- Bach: The Art of Fugue BWV1080 (extracts)
- Schumann: String Quartet in A Op. 41 No. 3
Wigmore Hall, 9-Mar-2019 / 19:30
- Mozart: String Quartet in D minor K421
- Britten: String Quartet No. 2 in C Op. 36
- Beethoven: String Quartet in B flat Op. 130 with Grosse Fuge Op. 133
The Quartet performed Schumann's String Quartet in A minor Op. 41 No. 1 on the 22nd of February 2019 at the Wigmore Hall.
Wigmore Hall, 28-Sep-2018 / 19:30
- Violin Sonata No. 1 in A minor Op. 105
- String Quartet in F Op. 41 No. 2
- Piano Quintet in E flat Op. 44
The Quartet performed on the 25th of June 2018 at the Wigmore Hall.
Wigmore Hall, 22-Jun-2018 / 19:00
- Shostakovich: String Quartet No. 7 in F sharp minor Op. 108
- Ravel: String Quartet in F major
- Smetana: String Quartet No. 1 in E minor (From my life)
The Quartet performed Kurtág's 6 Moments Musicaux Op. 44 on the
6th of April 2018.
Wigmore Hall, 12-Jan-2018 / 19:30
- Quartettsatz in C minor D703
- String Quartet in D minor D810 (Death and the Maiden)
- Dvořák: String Quartet in A flat major Op. 105
Wigmore Hall, 31-Oct-2017 / 19:30
- Webern: Langsamer Satz
- Bartók: String Quartet No. 4 BB95
- Brahms: String Quartet in A minor Op. 51 No. 2
The Quartet played all 16 Beethoven's string quartets and even the second version of
No. 13 in B flat major between the 20th of February 2014 and the 7th of March 2015 at the Wigmore Hall.
Wigmore Hall, 2015
- in B flat major Op. 18 No. 6
- No. 8 in E minor
- No. 16 in F major
- in A major Op. 18 No. 5
- No. 9 in C major Op. 59 No. 3 (Razumovsky)
- No. 14 in C sharp minor
The Guardian described the Razumovsky as: "confident, glowing, exploratory".
Wigmore Hall, Autumn 2014
- in G major Op. 18 No. 2 (Compliments)
- No. 12 in E flat major
- No. 7 in F major Op. 59 No. 1 (Razumovsky)
- in D major Op. 18 No. 3
- No. 11 in F minor (Serioso)
- No. 13 in B flat major (second version)
Wigmore Hall, 19-May-2014 / 19:30
Recital with Violaist Malin Broman
- String Quartets:
- in F major Op. 18 No. 1
- No. 15 in A minor (Heiliger Dankgesang)
- String Quintet in C major (Storm)
Sarah Bittloch playing was described in 2013 as
remarkable throughout, her bold, rich tone and expressive nuances contributing to an intense and deeply felt interpretation by the New York Times".
Wigmore Hall, 20-Feb-2014
- Beethoven, string quartets:
- in C minor Op. 18 No. 4
- No. 13 in B flat major