Rowan Pierce - Soprano
Rowan Pierce will perform on the 31st of December 2019. See Bojan Čičić for details.
She will also sing with Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, Choir of the Enlightenment and soprano Katherine Watson on the
11th of November 2019.
She and Ben Johnson sang in a concert performance of Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro with the Academy of Ancient Music on
4th of July 2019 and performed at the Cadogan Hall on the 12th of June 2019. See Mitsuko Uchida for more details.
Rowan Pierce performed:
- > at St John's Smith Square on the 19th of April 2019. See Ashley Riches for more details of this concert.
- > Bach's Cantata: Wie schön leuctet der Morgenstern (‘How Beautifully Gleams the Morning Star’) BWV1 with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, tenor Nick Pritchard and bass Dingle Yandell on the 24th of February 2019 at Kings Place.
Milton Court Concert Hall, 19-Feb-2019 / 19:30
Wolf: Italienisches Liederbuch (A staged English version)
- Roderick Williams, Rowan Pierce, Kathryn Rudge - Mezzo-soprano
- James Newby - Baritone, Nicky Spence - Tenor, Christopher Glynn - Piano
Barbican Hall, 2-Oct-2018 / 19:30
- Selected extracts
- Dido and Aeneas
- Academy of Ancient Music, Choir of AAM, Richard Egarr - Director & harpsichord, Thomas Guthrie - Director, Caitlin Hulcup as Dido (replacing Christine Rice absent due to family bereavement), Rowan Pierce as Belinda, Neal Davies as Sorcerer, Ashley Riches as Aeneas
She performed with the Academy Of Ancient Music under the direction of Richard Egarr on the 25th of May 2018.
Barbican Hall, 29-Dec-2017
Mozart Festival Orchestra, David Juritz - Director, violin
- Mozart: Eine kleine Nachtmusik
- 'Rejoice Greatly' and 'Let the Bright Seraphim' from Messiah
- Eternal Source of Light Divine
- Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 3
- Clarke: Trumpet Suite
- Pachelbel: Canon
- Vivaldi: The Four Seasons
Rowan Pierce sang with The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment at Kings Place on the 26th of November 2017 and performed together with Nicky Spence and others on the 9th of November 2017 at the Wigmore Hall.
Royal Festival Hall, 18-Oct-2017 / 19:00
- Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, Choir of the Age of Enlightenment, Christophe Rousset, Louise Alder as Semele, Ray Chenez as Athamas, James Way as Jupiter, Brindley Sherratt as Somnus and Cadmus, Rowan Pierce as Iris, Catherine Wyn-Rogers as Juno, Ciara Hendrick as Ino, Jeremy Budd as Apollo, Robert as High Priest
Rowan Pierce made her BBC Proms debut in a concert for which the details are shown below.
Royal Albert Hall, 1-Aug-2017 / 19:30
Handel: Israel in Egypt (original 1739 version)
- Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, William Christie - Conductor, The Choir of the Age of Enlightenment, Anna Devin - Soprano, Rowan Pierce, Christopher Lowrey - Counter-tenor, Jeremy Budd - Tenor, Dingle Yandell - Bass-baritone, Callum Thorpe - Bass
Barbican Hall, 23-Jun-2017 / 19:30
Monteverdi: Vespers of 1610
- Academy of Ancient Music, Choir of the AAM, Robert Howarth - Director, Harpsichord, Rowan Pierce, Louise Alder - Soprano, Charles Daniels - Tenor, Thomas Hobbs - Tenor, Richard Latham - Bass
Wigmore Hall, 17-Apr-2017 / 19:30
- Telemann, Cantata: Wandelt in der Liebe TWV1:1498
- Handel, Cantatas:
- Un alma innamorata HWV173
- Tra le fiamme HWV170
- London Handel Players
- Adrian Butterfield - Director, Rowan Pierce
- Laurence Cummings - Harpsichord
St John's Smith Square, 26-Nov-2016 / 19:30
- London Mozart Players with Christopher Dawe conducting
- Anton Bruckner Choir
- Rowan Pierce, Sinéad O’Kelly - Soprano, James Hall - Countertenor, Joel Williams - Tenor, Henry Neill - Baritone
Milton Court, 21-May-2016 / 19:30
Handel: Acis and Galatea
- Academy of Ancient Music, Richard Egarr - Director and Harpsichord, Andrew Tortise as Acis, Rowan Pierce as Galatea and Ashley Riches as Polyphemus
Milton Court, 24-Mar-2016 / 19:30
- Cantata No 127 (Herr Jesu Christ, wahr' Mensch und Gott)
- Cantata No 39 (Brich dem Hungrigen dein Brot)
- Ich lasse dich nicht BWV Anh. 159
- Cantata No 182 (Himmelskönig, sei willkommen)
- Academy of Ancient Music
- Pavlo Beznosiuk - Director
- Choir of the AAM
- Rowan Pierce